Kamala Harris's Surprise Podcast Interview
After several weeks of the public wondering what move Harris will make next, she decides to take up an offer by Alex Cooper of the "Call Her Daddy" podcast for an interview. This was an interesting choice for Harris to make considering this podcast is mainly listened/viewed by younger audiences, and I think this is a prime example of this administration trying to pander towards generation Z and millennials. Since Biden dropped out, Harris and her team has made a 180° with their strategies to gain support and win in swing states, and I think it's refreshing to finally see a politician trying to go after our age demographic rather than deny the impact young voters have as if we are not the future of America. While the full interview is on streaming services, linked below is a clip from it.
I thought Harris's interview was fairly casual, and it was kind of weird to see Harris talking out of her professional cadence. The discourse and the way she discussed problems like sexual assault, women's rights, abortion, and domestic violence makes it feel like she actually cares about our problems and how she understands and listens to experiences of others.
I think the most meaningful part of the interview was how adamant Harris is on ensuring the government does not have the power to control people, specifically women's, bodily autonomy. When we discuss pandering to audiences, I do believe Harris is trying to pander towards younger audiences and women, yet after watching the interview I do not think this is in bad faith or is artificial. Harris has personal experience with the topics discussed, and is trying to expand her reach further so more can hear her voice and ideologies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KCRsjPCiCI
Comments
Post a Comment